So what are we doing?




As in, Chris and I? Between chasing Jordan, answering Jewel's mountain of questions (or trying to) and trying to convince Nathan he doesn't need to acquire every car ever made? Quite a bit, actually. Chris has been working, of course, and when he's home, he's been remodeling the basement. Or building, actually. There wasn't a lot to remodel! He did have to tear off the paneling that existed on the walls down there, (sooo gross) and re-wired the electrical, put up new walls, mudded and painted it. I'm so grateful that not only does he know how to do all of this, he actually likes it! He put in a new window and door as well. We're waiting on the carpet to be delivered, and then he will put tile down there as well--he's making sort of a mini-bar, with a little fridge for some soda, and a microwave for the snacks (we got a new one to go over the stove when we moved here, so the one downstairs will be the one we got when we were married--why not, right?) Here is a picture of the walls, and one of the cabinets he built. You can't tell, but the walls are a very light green, so pretty! I expect all of you to come observe things as soon as they're finished! :-D Chris is also the Elder's Quorum secretary.


As for me . . . I've actually returned to school! I haven't been since I was pregnant with Nathan. I've thought about it a lot since then, but it was never the right time. Now, it most definitely is. I am getting my pre-requisites done for the nursing program. I am so very excited about this, and know this is what I should be doing. Despite the complications that registering for school sometimes brings (ah! the paperwork!) everything has fallen into place so perfectly. One of the classes, Medical Terminology, is online, so I can do it while the kids are in bed. The other, Psychology, is a 2 hour class twice a week. The teacher is amazing, and I love the class. It's incredibly interesting, and it feels so good to be working my neurons again, lol. I still clean the library at night, and I did finish my book, although the editing now needs to be finished. I'm in the Young Women's presidency, and I love the girls there. We have some wonderful times, and they teach me a lot.



Okay, it's almost 2 am, time for bed.

Comments

Trina said…
Good golly you're busy! I can barely keep up on the wash and the dishes, yet alone do everything your doing! Way to go! Sounds like the remodeling is going well I was so impressed with the banister Chris made I'm sure all the new stuff is amazing. We'll have to stop by sometime :) That's great you're starting school again! Good luck! Welcome to the world of Blogging, I'm way excited for your blog!
Lainie said…
Trina, I'd love it if you would come see us. I know we're planning on being at the Fish Lake picnic, whenever Steve & Deloa have that. Will you be coming this year?

Popular posts from this blog

It's been waaaay too long . . .

Psychology--state of mind?

School, school, and more school!