Happy Independence Day!


I hope all of you are having a happy 4th! We're at home resting now, but everyone was up bright and early to get ready for the parade this morning. Jewel was part of a young cheerleading group, and had to be ready and lined up by 9! (Sorry the pictures aren't very clear, I forgot to charge my battery!) Nathan and Jordan had a blast chasing after candy in the parade. Jordan, and my nephew, Lucas, who's a few months older, kept trying to run off down the street. One time they managed to move so quickly and unexpectedly that they got quite far before Chris corraled both of them! It was hilarious to see him running after Lucas, with Jordan already under one arm.

Nathan loved seeing all the old cars and fancy cars in the parade, and begged Chris to bring him over to the one side of the park to see them. I watched him and he was very serious and interested as he looked at them. :-)

We spent quite a while at the park, the kids got their faces painted by my good friend, Sonja. Then we wandered around before sitting down and watching some singers and dancers. We had lunch there--I really, really wanted some ribbon fries, and started to wait in line. I was there for 15 minutes, and didn't move at all! I decided it wasn't worth it and left. I got some other things and went back to Chris and the kids. We were there for another 15 minutes or so, and decided to walk around again. The lady that had been in front of me in line was still there, and had only moved a couple of feet! Yeah, it was crazy!

We've been home ever since.
I absolutely love the 4th of July, I look forward to it all year. I love seeing my kids grow up and enjoy it with us. :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's been waaaay too long . . .

Psychology--state of mind?

School, school, and more school!